Sunday 22 July 2012

masterpiece or mindless daubing?

I don't mind if nobody likes my art, I enjoy creating it and I like the fact that nobody can objectively say its better or worse than any other painting.  Appreciation of art is subjective.  If you placed one of my paintings next to Van Gogh's Starry Night, Picasso's Guernica and a 3 year old's scribbled crayon drawing then as pieces of art you can't say any is better than the others, someone somewhere would love the crayon drawing and think that Picasso must be the 3 year old.  If the human race became extinct and aliens dropped by to check out all our stuff they may well prefer Peter Andre's music to the Beatles and John Brand's paintings over Monet's! Who knows???
Here's 2 more of my paintings, masterpiece or mindless daubing? or maybe you're indifferent
oil, acrylic and oil pastel on canvas
inner mind

canvas painting
untitled

No comments: