Monday 8 April 2013

The Alex always win at Wembley

Crewe's annual trip to Wembley ends in victory yet again.  1997, 2012 and 2013, each time I've gone for the big Wembley day out and each time The Alex haven't disappointed.  This time a win in the world renowned Johnstons Paint Trophy.  Crewe's passing game seems to thrive on the Wembley pitch and certainly for the first 20 minutes Southend hardly touched the ball.  On the way down on the coach with my dad I predicted a 2-0 win for Crewe and waged a fiver on my phone app so at 2-0 up in the second half I was willing the game to settle down while the rest of the stadium is cheering every bit of action.  In the dying seconds Max Clayton goes through on goal, 10,000 Alex fans jump out of their seats with his shot hurtling towards the top corner and I'm the only one shouting "no!!!", the ball hits the underside of the crossbar and bounces out,  John wins £50 on his bet and Crewe win the JPT, a great day all round and 30,000 Southend fans go home benefiting from seeing their team have a footballing lesson.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: