Wednesday 18 May 2016

4-3-3 for me

After a few days deliberation I have finally decided on my England starting XI for Euro 2016.
I'm going with a 4-3-3 formation, gone are the days of playing one up top, I cannot justify keeping such a wealth of attacking talent on the bench.
  • Hart in goal, obviously.
  • Clyne and Rose as full backs, speed for chasing back and more importantly both not scared to get forward and overlap on the wing.  attack attack attack.
  • Cahill and Stones centre back, some would go with Smalling but not me.
  • Dele Alli.  Has to start, potential to be England's best for the next 10 years.  Barkley the other option though, how can I leave Barkley out? I dunno! but Alli starts.
  • Rooney. Doesn't cut the mustard up front anymore but seems much more effective in the middle for Utd and better the captain is in middle of the park.  Again Barkley could switch like for like.
  • Dier needed to shore things up a bit with such an attacking side but good on the ball too.
  • Kane is the man. Harry Kane the HurriKane, a bit like Shearer but maybe better, just maybe.
  • Vardy.  Nobody wants it more.  Fearless.  The fairytale continues, it isn't over.....
  • Sturridge has got over not playing with Suerez anymore, he's back from injury and looking class for Liverpool.
This is it, it can't go wrong, now is the time. Sat 11th June. The Russians. 8pm.  Let's go!
Hold on though..... I've heard a rumour that I'm not picking the team..... it's Roy hodgson!
It'll be okay though won't it???


No comments: