Friday 8 November 2013

The Bull's Mouth

We made it across the border to Panama...... Just about!  The numerous border checks were easy enough but the bridge over the river between the check points in Costa Rica and panama was definitely the most challenging border crossing I have ever experienced in my life ever.  You do all the filling in forms that nobody will ever read, pay your 3 dollars, get your stamp in your passport and off you go.  Sounds easy and yeh you do it 4 times but to filter out any disabled people, elderly, or the generally unlucky they have a big high, really long half broken wooden bridge to cross the border.  If you drop your passport it's gone, drop your money or camera- gone, take one step wrong and you're gonna be gone too!
So we made it into Panama and got another taxi and then a boat to the islands of Bocas del Toro, don't know if I've spelt that right but that's where we are!  after we arrived and got settled we got a boat taxi to one of the other islands and found a remote, totally natural beach.  Around half of our group came and we just swam in the warm sea and chilled out on the most beautiful beach I've ever seen in my life (so far......).  Bec and me got talking to Jasmine and Andreas a bit more, they are a German couple who seem really cool and pretty much on a similar wave length to us, we plan to go surfing with them on Sunday. 
Later on we went out and had a few beers, and a few more beers, some rum, vodka, tequila, more beers...... Whatever, I dunno!  A really fun night out of drunkenness, silly dancing and getting to know our new multicultural buddies a bit better.  Tomorrow we are...... I dunno, I can't remember.  What are we doing tomorrow?!?!



No comments: